remember the access data to your Snapchat account It is essential to be able to enter. However, if you lost them or don’t remember them after a long time, you may want to recover them, but you don’t know how to do it. This added to the fact that you do not want to repeat the registration process again, because you would lose all the friends you made in your old profile. Fortunately, there are ways to retrieve this information.
In this sense, you can do it through a code received via SMS or email from the login screen of the application or in the web version of it. It is a simple process with which you can reset your password and regain access to your snapchat account. However, there are certain policies or conditions that apply for this to be possible, such as, for example, that the indicated email is the same as that associated with the profile in question.
From the app
The first method to use for recover your snapchat account It will be from the same application. Which, in case you have uninstalled it, you can download by following this link if you use Android or by clicking here for iOS.
Once installed, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below to reset your snapchat password from the app. It is worth mentioning that the process is the same for both Operating Systems.
- Enter the application and press “Log in”.
- write your email or phone number associated with the account.
- Press “forgot password”.
- Select the method you want to use to recover the account (phone or email).
- Follow the necessary procedure for user recovery, depending on the option you have chosen. Either copy the code received in the SMS or pressing the link available in the email.
- Set a new password for your account taking into account the indications of the web.
It’s that simple you can reset your Snapchat account using the mobile appboth on Android and iOS.
from the website
In addition to being able to restore your account from the app itself, Snapchat offers the possibility of do it in its web version. Which you can access from the browser of your computer or Smartphone. It is worth mentioning that the URL varies according to recovery method you choose (SMS or email).
With email or e-mail
If you don’t have a phone number registered on Snapchat, you don’t remember it or it no longer belongs to you, you can choose to recover your account within the little ghost app using your email address. To do this you must click on this link and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Write the email with which you registered on the web.
- Press “Send”.
- Check in your inbox the mail sent by the Snapchat team and click on the link located within it.Note: In case you do not receive the email you can press “Resend” to ask to send the link again.
- Type in your new Snapchat access password. Keep in mind that this should be at least 8 characters long and easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess.
- Press “Save”.
In this way you will get recover your snapchat account with email from the web.
with the phone number
If you don’t have an email, don’t remember it, or simply prefer to use verification and snapchat user recovery using your phone numberThe steps to follow are those:
- Enter this link.
- Write the associated phone number to your account and press “Continue”.
- Wait a few moments while you receive the verification code On your cellphone.Note: In case you do not receive the SMS you can press “Resend SMS” or, if you prefer, select the option “call me” to hear the code directly from the operator on a call.
- Take note of the code and go back to the website.
- Type the code you received and press “Verify”.
- Set your new password taking into account the indications of the web.
With this you will gain access again to your Snapchat account, be sure to write down your password so you don’t forget it in the future.
Recover an account if it was deleted
If you wish recover your deleted account on Snapchat, you can do so by logging into it as long as the 30 days established by the platform for definitive closure have not elapsed. When opening your profile again, any request of this type will be canceled and, consequently, you will be able to continue using your user without any problem.
To do it you must go to the applicationlog in normally and reply “Yes” to the question asked by the system “You want to reactivate your account”. Then press «okay” to the message that will appear on the screen indicating that the operation will take a few minutes. Wait while the process finishes and then you will have your Snapchat account available as usual.
It should be mentioned that this only possible with the same original access data and can take up to 24 hours to be approved.
Recover account without email or phone
Until now this option is not possible. Since the platform only offers these two methods to recover your account. Therefore, if you do not have any of them, you must re-register on snapchat with different information.
As a final recommendation, you could take note of your access data and upload it or keep it in a safe place. This will help you, in case you forget them, to be able to enter your Snapchat account without problems.